Director of Partnerships
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Director of Partnerships to manage, strengthen, and grow the organization’s relationships to create smarter ways to access essential benefits and services so people can live healthier, more independent lives. These relationships include state and local governments, healthcare insurers, community-based partners and other stakeholders. The Director of Partnerships will lead a team charged with maintaining and building relationships with current and potential partner organizations and identifying and seizing opportunities to streamline benefit enrollment and increase access to cost-effective benefits and services.
BDT has developed a scalable and efficient outreach and benefit enrollment model that helps people meet their most basic needs, improves health, and fosters independence. In partnership with state and local agencies, BDT leverages data to identify individuals who are likely eligible for but not enrolled in benefits, and uses a mix of texts, mail, calls, web tools, and partner organizations equipped with BDT’s custom software to contact them and help them enroll. BDT seeks to further increase its impact by partnering with healthcare entities looking to address the social determinants of health. BDT’s Healthcare Innovation Lead will refine and implement BDT’s strategy to do this under the supervision of the Director of Partnerships.
Based in Philadelphia, the Director of Partnerships reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Supervise State Engagement Managers charged with maintaining and building relationships with current and potential partner organizations in specific states and with identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase benefit access and streamline enrollment
- Lead the development of plans for each state in which BDT provides enrollment assistance based on organizational priorities and goals
- Secure funding from government partners to continue and expand projects or establish new projects in partnership with Development and other staff
- Lead the development and writing of annual SNAP State Outreach Plans in coordination with the state SNAP administering agencies, allowing BDT to draw down a dollar-for-dollar federal match for SNAP outreach and enrollment assistance
- Ensure State Engagement Managers keep abreast of policy, partner, and healthcare developments in their respective states
- Oversee BDT’s participation in relevant state or local task forces, workgroups, and conferences
- Supervise state-specific research and analysis to inform project and funding proposals
- Supervise the Healthcare Innovation Lead charged with securing and managing partnerships with healthcare entities to streamline access to benefits and services that improve health and lower healthcare costs
- Oversee the continual refinement of BDT’s strategy to engage the health care industry in addressing the social determinant of health and to increase awareness of BDT’s work in the health care sector
- Supervise the Healthcare Innovation Lead in conducting healthcare research and analysis to inform project and funding proposals (e.g., analysis of health plans and their membership)
- Strengthen relationships with key national and state organizations and develop new partnerships
- Identify new opportunities and inform project designs to test innovative strategies to reduce barriers to benefits enrollment
- Increase awareness of BDT’s work and impact through conference presentations, blog posts, fact sheets, issue briefs, press interviews, and social media
- Ensure State Engagement Managers and the Healthcare Innovation Lead provide clear, accurate, timely, and compelling content for funding proposals
- Oversee the State Engagement Managers’ and Healthcare Innovation Lead’s negotiation of contracts with external partners
- Supervise and support the professional development of BDT’s State Engagement Managers and the Healthcare Innovation Lead
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to grow and diversify BDT’s funding, including maintaining a system for tracking who at BDT is responsible for each external relationship
- Collaborate with the Director of Projects to prioritize operational resources to deliver on contractual obligations and manage partner expectations effectively
- At least seven years of increasing leadership experience developing, managing, and strengthening relationships between government and non-governmental organizations
- Experience being responsible for funding relationships, including drafting funding proposals, negotiating with funders, and securing funding
- Success working in or with government agencies to innovate in the health and human services sector
- Knowledge of public benefit programs and the healthcare sector strongly preferred
- Demonstrated skill managing, coaching, and developing talented, highly motivated staff
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative, collaborative, and attentive to detail
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including experience presenting at conferences on complex material
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit organization that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. BDT employs 160 people in Philadelphia and provides benefit enrollment assistance to individuals and families in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, targeted outreach, policy change, and new technologies. Since its inception, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications on behalf of over 600,000 households, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services.
To apply for this position, click here.