Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Strategy Analyst to support the exploration of new opportunities and products that deliver smarter ways to access essential benefits and services, so people can live healthier, more independent lives. For new products and services, the Strategy Analyst will conduct market analysis, build models, and evaluate outcomes and return on investment. The Strategy Analyst will also review new funding opportunities for organizational fit and financial viability. With the Strategy and Product team, the Strategy Analyst is instrumental in guiding organizational priorities and plans to achieve BDT’s mission.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Strategy Analystreports to the Senior Director of Strategy and Product.
- Support Strategy team, Chiefs, & Development team in distilling complex ideas and possibilities into discerned concepts
- Evaluate viability for new products and services by examining a potential business model on its own and in connection with existing products and services.
- Assess go-to-market strategy for new products and services, including customer segmentation, competitive analysis, and pricing structures.
- Develop and refine models that estimate the programmatic impact (e.g., number of individuals enrolled) and financial impact (e.g., return on investment) for internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Review funding opportunities to assess viability and alignment with organizational strategy and draft proposals and budgets.
- Collaborate with Projects, Development, and Finance teams to inform funding proposals, including setting goals, desired timelines, and staff capacity.
- Inform the evaluation of new products and services by setting key performance indicators and monitoring ongoing outcomes across various projects.
- Provide and assess recommendations to improve new products based on changes in the market or product performance.
- Facilitate meetings and follow-up with external and internal stakeholders as required.
- At least five years of relevant work experience including at least three years of experience with strategic planning or operations and business analysis.
- Experience with analytic or business intelligence tools (e.g., Excel) required
- Knowledge of public benefit programs and assistance models strongly preferred
- Experience conducting market research or project management a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative, collaborative, and attentive to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience translating complex analysis to lay people
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required
Benefits Data Trust (BDT)is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications – more than any other single entity in the country – securing over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 170 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit bdtrust.org.
To apply for this position, click here.